Drop Your Defensible Space Slash for Free
This all-volunteer program is a cooperative effort of the Shingletown Council, Inc., Shasta County, & Waste Management. Funding for this project is provided by the California Department of Forestry & Fire Protections as part of the California Climate Investments Program.
HOURS: 9:00AM to 3:00PM
LOCATION: Shingletown Solid Waste Transfer Station at Highway 44 & Ritts Mill Rd.
COST: FREE for all residents & owners – donations are gratefully accepted to support our programs.
* Only slash pile debris such as brush, tree limbs, & yard rakings can be accepted – KEEP YOUR NEEDLES & LIMBS SEPARATED, PLEASE!!
* NO stumps or logs larger than 20” can be accepted (Shasta air quality rules & equipment limitations)
* Absolutely NO lumber, construction debris, trash, poison oak, or garbage will be accepted – your load will be inspected before unloading & you will be asked to remove unacceptable items & take them home.
* Please don’t enter the trash dumping area – follow the “brush” sign to our drop point.
* For your safety, please follow the guidance of the drop site volunteers at all times. Do not go to the transfer station area with slash.
2023 Defensible Space Calendar (please see rules below the chart)